The International Observership Training Program is an informal ptraining program designed to increase the international physician’s knowledge and skills in Neurosurgery. The program is open to students enrolled in a Medical School Program or in aPost-graduate Program in Neurosurgery.
Trough a shadowing experience visiting doctors can take part to routinary medical activities including O.T. sessions, daily clinical rounds, and case presentations. In addition, visiting doctors can also be involved in clinical research activities, formal lectures, and teaching conferences.
Clinical research is often also part of the fellowship and will be encouraged by an extensive support in publishing clinical studies. The program also builds important international relationships, collaborations, and exchange of knowledge with colleagues from around the world.
The duration of the Observership Program is tailored on the previous experience of the participant.
• Applicants must be financially sponsored by a scholarship or by themselves
• Applicants must hold an internationally-recognised University Degree in Medicine and Surgery and a Degree as Specialist in Neurosurgery or Certificate of Attendance of a School in Neurosurgery.
Completed applications must contain:
- Your C.V./Resume
- Personal Statement – one page addressing your interest in the program and suggested duration.
- Copy of your Medical Diploma or document stating that they are enrolled in a Medical School Program
- Copy of Medical Specialization
- Medical School Transcript
- At least one recommendation letter
- Personal financial guarantee or from sponsoring institution
- Proof of payment to health insurance company encharged by the hospital
- For the observer to fully benefit from the experience, it is imperative that he or she has command of the English or Italian language. Patient contact is prohibited as an observer.
- Each observer must obtain his or her own visa but invitation letter will be provided on request.
ALL THE DOCUMENTS MUST BE IN ENGLISH OR AN OFFICIAL ENGLISH TRANSLATION MUST BE PROVIDED
Duration can be tailored on the base of training goals and on the base of availability.
Complete application (including all the abovementioned documents) must be submitted by email to:
Send complete request to:
Selected applicants will receive:
- A detailed list of all the additional documents that must be provided to be admitted to the International Observership Training Program.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT:
- Applicants must be able to prove that they meet the Hospital Medical and Immunization Requirements
- Applicants declares they will meet all the costs (included but not limited to VISA, International Medical Insurance, Trip, Accomodations, Local Transports, Food, Hospital Insurance, other). No scholarship are available at the moment.
- Applicants are responsible for organizing their trip, accomodation, Visa request, request of long-term permission to stay once in Italy (support documents can be provided by the Neurosurgery Unit).
- Additional details will be received by email along with the letter of invitation