If You have been visited by Professor Mortini, or Your medical records have been evaluated trough the Acacia Second Opinion Portal and You have decided to undergo the proposed treatment at San Raffaele Hospital Milan, please consider the following:
Health services at San Raffaele Hospital can be accessed by patients both trough “public service” (MoH for European Citizens) or “private attendance”.
First of all your medical records must be evaluated by Prof. Mortini:
- Get an online second-opinion by Prof. Mortini (Video-call option available)
- Book a visit in Prof. Mortini Outpatient Clinic in Milan or Rome (Ph. +39.02.2643.5568)
After the clinical evaluation, the admission department will provide You by email a complete and detailed quotation along with all the practical details.
Once You decide to proceed for the surgery our secretary staff will contact You to define together the best period for Your admission and will provide all the due details and the documents you need to deal with your Insurance Company or VISA procedures.
Accommodation of patients will be consequently organized in a single room with private bath and other hotel services (phone, TV, fridge, sofa bed for relatives, wi-fi access and internet connection). One accompanying person can stay in the patient’s room for the duration of the hospital stay.
Be aware that certain documents must always be with you. Ensure that you carry multiple copies of the same and keep the originals in a safe place when abroad.
- Records like X-Rays, MRI’s (film or CD), health histories, photographs, prescriptions, and any other health records relevant to the surgery. Remember to carry all these medical reports and any medicines in your carry-on luggage even if You have already provided a part or all of them to us for the online clinical evaluation previous to the surgery.
- Copy of the payment done for Your medical procedures as per our administrative office indications or copy of Your insurance policy as per indications You will get by our administrative office
- Credit cards or cash is indicated for some direct running cost (day-life living) You may have in the hospital or to reach the same (taxi, ..)
Admission trough National Health System (Citizens of EU countries)
If you are a European Citizen you may have the right to access medical treatment in Italy.
You may also in principle be entitled to get some or all of your costs covered. Before confirming us your surgery, please contact your National Contact Points for planned healthcare to know how you can proceed.
The Hotel Rafael (that is located inside the Hospital premises) welcomes relatives and acquaintances. It is an impressive, modern building and its located at a 5 minutes walking distance to the San Raffaele Hospital with good links with the city and the main transport networks. Its broad range of guests appreciate the great care taken over the layout and the impeccable taste shown in the refined, comfortable surroundings.
The Hotel Rafael grows up on 7 floors with 208 Standard rooms, including 12 suitable for disabled guests.
For further information please visit the website of Rafael Hotel
If this solution doesn’t fit your needs we can help organize your stay in other reputed hotels in Milan or comfortable guest rooms.